Friday, February 25, 2011

3 days & 2,179 miles later.....

Thomas had a 10 day leave to move all the way to Florida. So, he flew home hung out with the family & got packed up to move to Florida to finish up EOD school. So, being the great sister that I am (insert a wink wink here) & having THE BEST husband I helped him drive cross country from California to Florida. We left Monday night & I was back home Thursday night. We had too much fun on our road trip & watching tons of Seinfeld & The Office. We stayed Monday night in AZ with Katie one of my college roommates, Tuesday night in the middle of Texas & Wednesday night with one of Thomas' buddies who is stationed in Louisiana.

The moving truck pulling Thomas' 66 mustang & his motorcycle fit inside the truck.


Swamp land in Louisiana

We are both huge waffle lovers so of course we had to stop by here, it wasn't too hard because they were pretty every couple of exits. We enjoyed chocolate chip waffles.

Coming into Florida & seeing the white white sand, I couldn't believe how white it was, from a distance it kinda looked like snow. I've been to Florida before, but just didn't remember how white the sand was.
Stopped for some awesome pizza at Mello Mushroom. Really yummy pizza. Thomas talked it up pretty high & it sure did deliver. Thanks for the fun road trip smalls!! & Thanks to my ever so sweet husband for all of his support & for it to all work out!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment