Monday, August 30, 2010

Slide Rock, a baby shower & hanging out with the Fam...

So quite often when Josh & I are talking Josh will bring up some fun thing that he did as a child whether its a hike, exploring or playing down in the lower fields. Well, I always tell Josh "that sounds like fun we should do that". When I was a little girl my dad's side of the family had a family reunion and we came to Slide Rock. All I remember about it was that the water was SUPER cold. Whenever I've mentioned Slide Rock Josh would always say I've already done that. So, when we were planning on coming for the baby shower I suggested that we hit up Slide Rock in beautiful Sedona and have fun together. We were so happy that Trevor & Risa were able to come and keep us entertained. Here's our fun adventure.

Josh & Jenn, the funny thing is that while we were sliding down, I was sitting on Josh's lap and holding onto his swim shorts like crazy (as if that would make the water warmer). I think our faces say it all.


Trevor showing off for his hot wife.


Josh sliding down and enjoying the nice cool water.


Trevor sliding down the slide of Slide Rock while Risa watches her man in style.


Round 2 for Josh & Jenn, yup the water is still just as cold as it was the 1st go around.


So, when Josh was younger he would come to Slide Rock with his siblings and the boys would jump from the cliffs, the higher ledge in the picture. So of course Josh wanted to show me what he use to do as a kid. So Josh & Trevor go over to the jumping point walk over there and Josh just jumps. There were a bunch of other people waiting, but once you start waiting and looking down, there's no way their jumping. Good thing Josh & Trevor showed them what to do.


If you look really closely you can see Josh, he is mid air, he's already jumped. This was his first jump from the higher ledge.


Trevor jumping from the higher ledge. Josh is the figure in the water standing so you can see how it really wasn't too deep.


A beautiful view of the red rocks as we are leaving Slide Rock, if you look closely at the photo you can see the arch in the rock. It took me a long time to finally see it, my eyes kept playing tricks on me, but it was sure cool to see.


Here is the diaper cake that I made (with my momma's cute touch) for Katie for her baby shower.


Katie opening her gifts, and cute little Saylor (Dawn & Brandon's little girl) wanting to help out.


Afternoon walk around the block, here we are walking down the lane of Josh's parents house. I LOVE this about their house. All of those trees are fruit trees.


The girls chatting it up and having fun on our walk, Jennifer, Sunshine, Risa & Dawn.


Trevor being so sweet and helping Ethan skateboard while Camden watches.


Trevor showing us just how great of a skateboarder he is.


Camden & Ethan being safe and all so cute.


Josh & Brandon, the little boys got tired, so fun. Of course we had a blast and can't wait to hang out with the family real soon. Thanks for the fun times.

4 comments:

  1. Your faces are awesome! Remember when we went bridge jumping?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have often wondered what it would be like to eat barbecue potato chips while hanging upside down in the rafters. If you find yourself in Albequerque make sure you ask for some hot sauce. While I'm on the subject, be sure not to look any clown directly in the eyes. Please and thank you. Sincerely, your favorite Latino family member.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking what Carly said..this post made me think of course the family reunion, and also bridge jumping in Idaho!! Looks like fun...wish I could go to slide rock again...someday!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun time with the family! Makes me want to go out to Cottonwood again!

    ReplyDelete