A little over a month, I saw airplane tickets to Iowa on sale for super cheap so Josh & I decided to go visit the Francis family (my sister Jolynn & her husband who is attending Law school). Well, last minute Josh wasn't able to go due to work. After checking with the airline what we could do about the ticket they said that because we paid next to nothing for the tickets, our best option would be to find someone else to go and do a name change. So my mom was able to come and accompany me. We left it as a surprise, and when Jolynn came to pick me up she was SURPRISED. Everyone LOVED the surprise. Although, the kids did keep asking where their uncle Josh was, they were happy to see grandma. We went for a long weekend and had a wonderful time. There are a lot of pictures, their were just so many great/fun ones, I couldn't choose.
How cute and sweet is this? I know right? So around 4 am Aleena wakes up telling me she needs her doll which is on the bottom bunk, so grandma hands it to us. Then about 2 1/2 hours later I wake up and Aleena is stroking my arm telling me if I want my back scratched to just let her know and she will do it for me. About 30 minutes later she was ready to get up so we went downstairs with Drake & Grandma. Grandma made us yummy chocolate chip waffles, while the parents slept in. The joys of the parents not being around was that Aunt Gigi & Grandma were able to feed the kiddos whatever we or they wanted. =) Thanks Tommy & Jolynn.
How cute and sweet is this? I know right? So around 4 am Aleena wakes up telling me she needs her doll which is on the bottom bunk, so grandma hands it to us. Then about 2 1/2 hours later I wake up and Aleena is stroking my arm telling me if I want my back scratched to just let her know and she will do it for me. About 30 minutes later she was ready to get up so we went downstairs with Drake & Grandma. Grandma made us yummy chocolate chip waffles, while the parents slept in. The joys of the parents not being around was that Aunt Gigi & Grandma were able to feed the kiddos whatever we or they wanted. =) Thanks Tommy & Jolynn.
Grandma & Drake, they slept on the bottom bunk, look how happy Grandma is, she's smiling in her sleep. Nauvoo "Beautiful City"
While Tommy, Jolynn & my mom went to the Temple I offered to take the kids and hang out in Nauvoo doing the kid stuff. I figured since I've been to the Nauvoo Temple before, I could sit out this one and let my mom & Jolynn go. I had fun with the kids, next time I visit with Josh we'll go together.
While Tommy, Jolynn & my mom went to the Temple I offered to take the kids and hang out in Nauvoo doing the kid stuff. I figured since I've been to the Nauvoo Temple before, I could sit out this one and let my mom & Jolynn go. I had fun with the kids, next time I visit with Josh we'll go together.

Drake & Aleena watching how rope is made. They loved being able to play with the rope after it was made.
Aunt Gigi, Aleena & Drake getting ready to go on an ox ride. I was even able to grab one of the oxen by the horns. The missionaries kept telling me how friendly they were. The kids weren't too keen on getting any closer to the ox then what we already were.
Drake & Aleena (being silly). After the ride in the wagon being pulled by the oxen the kiddos saw this wagon and wanted to play on it.
There was an area called "Pioneer Pastimes" with a bunch of activities for little kids. The kids loved the sheep and the fact that they were able to climb and ride them.
Drake saw this horse and just started climbing all over it. Drake just wanted to ride the horse. So Aleena grabbed the rope and started pulling him around. There were fun dress up clothes for the kids to dress up in as well.
There were these 2 log cabins full of kitchen play stuff and school play stuff, Aleen & Drake LOVED it.
Hummm...... You've taught him well Jolynn, he's already ironing his own clothes, guess Drake is ready for a mission.
On our way in to the Blacksmith shop Aleena saw this post and was asking what it was for as her and Drake started to swing on it, when we explained that it was to tie your horse too, she said oh, and kept swinging.SLUMBER PARTY
Drake, myself & Aleena had a fun sleepover downstairs. Tommy made a sweet bed for us, we stayed up till midnight watching Clifford & Little Einsteins while eating sweets, and were up early doing a repeat. I had so much fun. Thanks cuties. Cheese Factory & Amish Country

So, where we were was only about 25 minutes from where the Francis family lives. Crazy...and in this little town we were in, we saw quite a few of the Amish in town with their buggy's. It was pretty neat to see.
Of course I brought some fun nail polish to paint Aleena's fingernails & toenails. We had to close the bathroom door, because Drake was getting sad and didn't understand why I wouldn't paint his. Aleena wanted her nails to be FANCY so we did a fun pattern, orange, pink, etc..SPLASH PAD
The splash pad is only a few minutes from their house. So we got lunch and brought it to the park. We ate and played. It was a perfect afternoon.
Aleena was even super brave and stood under the bucket while it poured water all over her for the first time. She kept telling her momma how she was going to be brave and she was.











"Thanks for coming! Thank-you for the oxen ride & thank-you for the bakery and for getting the mitten cookies! And thank-you for the slumber party, the treats & watching Clifford & having a good time playing!" I love you, Aleena
ReplyDelete"Thanks for coming!" I love you, Drake
ReplyDeleteWe LOVED having you guys come!!! Thanks for taking the time and we can't wait until next time!!;)
ReplyDeletelove & miss you!
I did not know you had a blog! I am so excited to get updates on you guys. Looks like you guys had fun.
ReplyDelete